Thursday, December 19, 2013

Working with tags

For this particular project, I want to create custom tags that can be used to organize my site content in AEM. I've figured out how to add new tags and I've figure out how to deactivate existing tags. However, AEM is not actually disabling these tags! I still have a lot of junk tags in the system that came with the AEM install. Instead of deleting these, I'd like to discover a way to either hide these or to restrict them to a specific area of the install.

Also, when assigning tags through the web UI, tags that are hierarchically organized get cut off. This is frustrating, as a tag like "Asset: Orientation: Horizontal" and "Asset: Orientation: Vertical" both look like "Asset: Orientation". Not good Adobe.
Need to look into restricting namespaces to specific sites, this might be the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment